presentation about honda
out of 12
Post on 11-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
- Closing Case Honda In North America By: Mohammad Jobair
- Honda Company
- Closing Case Honda In North America
- Honda Company:
- In October 1946, Soichiro Honda established the Honda Technical Research Institute in Hamamatsu, Japan, to develop and produce small 2-cycle motorbike engines. Two years later, Honda Motor Company, Ltd. was born, and in 1959 Honda opened its first storefront in Los Angeles with six industrious employees.
- After 1959 the Honda company start manufacturing till 1960s,1980s up to 21 st Century. And on the year of 2005 for the first time Honda corporation made a Robot which the named that ASIMO.
- In 2007 the Honda made a jet which the named as Honda jet . and also the Honda Company made a marine engine and so on.
- Honda company is the 5 th largest automobile and also engine market in the whole world. And the 2 nd largest company in Japan. The head quarter of Honda company is in Tokyo- Japan. And the leader of that company is Takeo Fukai from 2004 till now
- Closing Case Honda In North America:
- During the 1980s was the surge in Japan direct investment in the USA, Leading this trend were Japanese Automobile Companies like Honda, Toyota, Nissan and others .
- Collectively these companies Invest $5.3 Billion in North or USA between 1982-1991s.
- Leader was Honda which by 1991 had invest $ 1.13 Billion in 3 north America.
- Honda also additional invest $500 million in an engine plant.
- And also facilitate engineering for $31 million.
- As a result now Honda Company employs 10,000 worker in central, and also sold 854,879 cars of Honda in north USA during 1990s.
- Honda considered to establishing auto assembly operation in North USA as early in 1974 but ruled out investment because of high cost of north America in 1974.
- Honda announced it had selected a site in the small town of Marysville, Ohio for a motorcycle.
- But in 1979 Honda company realized that its assumptions about US workers poor productivity were unfounded , so the announced plans to construct an automobile assembly.
- In 1982 the first US-built Honda was Assembled and by 1984 the plant was producing 150,000 automobile per year.
- In 1984 at lest 29 major Japanese supplier companies had established transplant manufacturing facilities in Ohio to supply Honda with component parts.
- In 1981 Voluntary restraint agreement under which Japanese companies agreed not to further increase their imports in to the USA.
- A second Concern was probably the sharp rise in the value of the Japanese yen against the US dollar during 1987.
- This concern was also increased the cost of exporting both finished automobiles and component parts form Japan to NUSA.
View more >