quiz: is your job search strategy outdated?
Click here to load reader
Post on 18-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONIs your job search strategy OUTDATED? Take this quiz to find out!
- 1. QUIZ: Is Your Job Search Strategy Outdated?
- 2. Are you job search strategies OUTDATED? Take this quiz to find out >>
- 3. 1. How would you describe yourself to an employer? (a) As a jack-of-all-trades. (b) As an expert in your field.
- 4. 2. Do you have a career plan in place? (a) Nah, Ill take what I can get in this job market. (b) Yes, everything I do for my career is part of a bigger career goal.
- 5. 3. What are you more focused on? (a) The big picture. (b) Setting manageable goals.
- 6. 4. You would spend most of your time: (a) Looking at online job boards. (b) Researching companies and learning more about their cultures.
- 7. 5. Branding yourself means: (a) Designing & giving out business cards. (b) Creating a cohesive message about your key skills & traits and promoting it both on- and offline.
- 8. 6. At networking events, youre primarily focused on: (a) Hard selling yourself to people. (b) Building valuable relationships.
- 9. 7. Do you have a website or blog? (a) No. (b) Yes.
- 10. 8. The top of your resume has: (a) An objective statement. (b) A summary of your skills & expertise
- 11. Results
- 12. Mostly As: You need to update your strategy. Some of the job search techniques youve been using arent the most cutting-edge, and they actually do more harm than good. Its time to update! Click here to learn what strategies you should be using in your job search!
- 13. Mostly Bs: You know what youre doing! Youve done your research and you know what you need to do in order to stand out in todays job search. But, maybe youre not seeing the results fast enough. If not, check out our series, the Professional Independence Project to learn how to market yourself to anyone, at anytime!
- 14. We hope you enjoyed this quiz! For more career tips and advice, please visit www.careerealism.com.