social media marketing, benefits of social media
DESCRIPTIONlearn and become a expert in social media marketing.
• Modern world of cut-throat competition of e-commerce makes SEO imperative.
• More and more sites are clamouring to optimize their rankings
• It leads to more visibility, leading to more business.
• Behind the scenes every internet search involves complex software.
• It is intelligent enough to se which pages are the most relevant to the search.
• Customer typically buys from a company which comes up top in the search list.
• SEO is the process of figuring out “key words”, potential customers might use to find what the website is offering.
• Further it involves doing whatever is necessary to move to the top of the search results so that these searchers visit that site.
•Simple analysis of traffic(in the adjacent figure) to Google reveals 29 percent of internet users’ worldwide visit the Google site on a daily basis.
• This clearly reveals an opportunity with search engines
• Facts in previous slide( on an average 7 pages of Google are viewed everyday ) emphasize on search engine marketing.
• Making it to the first page is a barometer of a sites success in SEO.
• Higher probability that the relevant link will be clicked on when its rank is high.
• SEO utilises tools and methods in making the site top ranked in the results of search engines.
• Getting the website in the top half of the page ensures that the site will generate public awareness.
• It subsequently generates more traffic that could lead to potential income and business.
• SEO refers to the process of “optimizing” both the on-page and off-page ranking factors
• Is the “industry” that revolves around obtaining high rankings in the search engines for desirable keyword search terms
• Refers to an individual /company that optimizes websites for its clientele.
• SEO usually refers to an individual/firm that focuses on optimizing for “organic” search engine rankings
•On-page SEO is working on the pages of a website to maximise its performance.
• Off-page SEO is working off the pages of a website to maximise its performance related to keywords in off-page direct-links.
Organic Search PPC
• Is accomplished by optimizing the web pages and by increasing "link popularity" • Done by paying for links that point to the requisite web site.
• Purchasing "clicks" from a search engine is called "pay-per-click" (PPC) search engine advertising (or PPCSE).
• Is a long process
• Length of time involved to achieve higher rankings may be extended.
• Helps to quickly get top search engine placement • Done by "bidding" (paying) for keywords related to the relevant product.
More searchers click the natural search engine results
Less traffic is expected through this process
Cost involved is quite less as it’s a one time investment.
Cost involved is a big disadvantage. It can even reach to thousands per day
Link Popularity is a real plus . Very beneficial if one seeks fast results .
• Black Hat SEO- A tactic intended to misrepresent a website by displaying different
information to the search engine v/s the user.
• Link Farms Provision of these links in exchange for links to their site in an attempt to
improve their rankings.
• Google Bombing Establishing links with certain anchor text in order to achieve a high ranking
for that term.
Any of the above practices sighted by the Search Engine could lead to the immediate exclusion.
• Growing the business at a good ROI is generally the ultimate goal.
• Value can be determined to place on each lead that comes through SEO efforts .
• Budget could also be a constraint when choosing a SEO firm or product.
• Value proposition of each SEO firm or product evaluated in accordance with the future goals and required ROI.
2. Every Website is Unique
• An SEO firm would have to do customised work on each of the unique website.
• Human resource deployment by a firm also leads to customized work by the SEO firm .
• A small firm would have less resources(copywriter, development team ,public relations etc) on hand and would expect the SEO firm to provide resources.
• While choosing an SEO the unique needs of your website should be kept as the focus
3. Experience of SEO provider
• Number of projects handled by an SEO is a good indication of the experience .
• Request references before agreeing to move forward , in the early stages of an SEO campaign .
• It highlights the SEO’s success rate, work ethic, customer service efforts, strategies and techniques.
• Request and Search the SEO’s Keywords.
• Searching and viewing how well the SEO’s rank is a direct indicator as to how the client company will be ranked / handled.