communication dos and donts
Embed Size (px)
Communication Dos and Don’tsJazmyn and Briana
What is Communication?
• Exchange of thoughts, opinions, or information by speech, writing, or signs.
• Can be – Verbal– Oral– Physical/ Nonverbal
Dos• Go to class• Take notes• Come prepared• Ask questions• Plan ahead• Communicate with your
teacher if you’re having problems
• Don’ts• Sleep in class• Text/Facebook/Tweet/
Instagram, Pin, etc. while in class
• Don’t wait until the last minute to start studying/homework/projects, etc.
• Don’t be afraid to ask for help
Social Media Etiquette
Dos• Only allow people you
KNOW to be able to see your personal profiles
• Use your real name on Facebook, LinkedIn, or other networking sites
• Use social media to create your own personal “brand”
• If you’re in a leadership position, watch what you post
Don’ts• Use alternative spelling on media
outlets (Yhu shud n3v3r typ3 lik3 dis) • Post things on your profile that you
don’t want everyone to see• Post photos of yourself doing illegal
activities• Post nude photos of yourself• Use profane or offensive language• Put your full name on Twitter if
you’re tweeting things that you wouldn’t want everyone to see
• Don’t make your middle name a sentence