fmnr: dos & donts
of 14 /14
Post on 17-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Local tools. Always sharp.
- 2. Razor sharp!
- 3. Pruning side branches. Pruning of lower side branches recommended when ~ 1cm in diameter.
- 4. Step 4. Remove emerging new stems and prune side branches from time to time.
- 5. Cut upwards where possible.
- 6. Do not over prune!.
- 7. Over-pruned tree damaged by livestock.
- 8. Light pruning = reduced risk of livestock damage.
- 9. Mark trees with ribbon or paint. Caution risk of strangling!
- 10. Tie ribbon loosly on side branch.
- 11. Fixed point photograph Marker (post, rocks) GPS reading 1984 1988 Base line Base line Base line Base line