my ple journey
Post on 28-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONSession describing my PLE evolution
- 1. Web Based Personal Learning Environments P L E My Journey
- 2. Personal Learning To teach is to model and to demonstrate To learn is to practice and reflect (Stephen Downes)
- 3. Introductions
- What brought you here?
- Draw your concept of PLE
- 4. Where I used to find information? Google's share of all searches was 65% in April 2007, an increase of 7% versus April 2006. (and still do)
- 5. My Early P L E P L E Conferences Books Email
- 6. Del.icio.us http://twoantennas.com/projects/delicious-network-explorer/
- 7. Social Networks - Ning http://college2.ning.com/
- 8. Then I Discovered RSS
- RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication
- 9. Feeds Into Google Reader
- News Feeds
- Delicious Network
- Technology Websites
- Ning Forums
- 10. My Google Reader
- 11. The Social Kicks In - Blogs
- 13. My Blog
- 14. Social
- 16. Social P L E P L E News Feeds Blogs Conferences Books Email Flickr
- 17. Considering a PLE
- Why do I need a PLE?
- What content do I want to include?
- Who do I want to view my PLE?
- How could my students use one?
- 18. Building a PLE in Google
- Step 1: Open your browser and locate Google www.google.com
- 19. iGoogle (Customizable) Twitter delicious Google Reader
- 20. Make your Google PLE your home page
- 21. Questions ???
- 22. Our Website: http://www.vcu.edu/cte