Embed Size (px)
- 1. Pablo Picasso (1881-1973)
- One of the most famous artists in the world.
- Invented a style of art called Cubism.
- One of the first Abstract artists changed pictures from real life to look different.
The Aficiando, 1910 2. Early Work Picasso wasnt always a Cubist artist. He was a child prodigy in art.At a very young age he excelled at painting realistically.Female Head, 1902-03 Self Portrait with Uncombed Hair 1896 3. The Blue Period 1901-04
- You guessed it the blue period is all about blue.
- All of his work during this time is painted out of blue.
The Tragedy, 1903 4. Blue Period
- Picasso used the color to show how he felt. One of his friends died and he became very sad.
- The color blue expressed his sadness through his paintings.
La Celestina, 1904 5. Rose Period 1905-1906
- Blue wasnt the only color Picasso used to show feelings. Once he recovered from sadness his paintings became more pink.This Rose period paintings are about positive colors, people and events.
Les Saltambiques, 1905 Boy with a Dog, 1905 6. Cubism
- Cubism is the first type of abstract painting or painting things that dont look real.
- Picasso took real people and objects and changed them by turning people and objects into squares, triangles and other shapes.
Vase and Jar 1910 7. Cubism
- This type of art change also fits shapes and re-arranges parts like puzzle pieces.
Fruit in a Jar 1908 Woman with Mandolin 1910 8. Analytical Cubism
- Picasso got a little carried away with shapes and mixing up objects. With Analytic Cubism, you cant even recognize the objects.
The Accordionist, 1911 The Aficionado, 1912 9. Synthetic Cubism
- Later on Picasso got the pictures under control, but started adding things to them.
- He invented the collage by gluing objects to his paintings instead of painting them.
Guitar and Violin,1912 10. Synthetic Cubism
- So Picasso combined shapes to make his objects and also looked at things from many angles.
The Italian Girl, 1917 Three Musicians 1921 11.
- Picasso is now one of the most famous artists of the 20 thcentury. His artwork has inspired many artists.
Guernica, 1937 12. Our Project for Picasso
- Like Picasso we are going to make a drawing of peoples faces.
- Our pictures will use:
- Geometric shapes
- Different Angles
- Profile-Front View Faces
- Color to show our mood.