tech data - purity fg2 with microl max fg2 with...nlgi grade - 2 grease thickener type aluminum...
Embed Size (px)
† MICROL is an antimicrobial product protection agent
PURITYTM FG2 WITH
FOOD MACHINERY GREASE
PURITYTM FG2 with MICROL MAX is an advanced foodgrade lubricant specially formulated to deliver excellentperformance and food grade purity under the highlydemanding conditions of food processing operations.
PURITY FG2 with MICROL MAX contains anantimicrobial preservative to protect the lubricant fromdeterioration, fouling and odour caused bymicroorganisms. This helps to maintain the lubricant ineffective operating condition.
PURITY FG2 with MICROL MAX has the requiredindustry credentials and fits perfectly in HACCP(Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) and GMP(Good Manufacturing Practice) plans.
Superior Performance Benefits• Excellent resistance to lubricant breakdown in
harsh operating environments
• Maintains consistency and lubrication in thepresence of food acids, juices and by-products
• Does not run from bearings under steamcleaning
• Highly resistant to water washout, water jetspray, and most sterilizing chemicals used incleaning
• Prevents bearing, gear and equipment damage inmoist or wet operations
• Will not run from bearings near ovens
• Pumpable at relatively low temperatures
• Ideal for moderately loaded bearings operatingunder wide temperature swings
• Better protection of gears, bearings andequipment under moderate shock loading
• Prevents seizure, scuffing and spalling undershock loading conditions
• Long-term equipment protection from rust andcorrosion
*The Specialty Competitor Calcium Sulphonate grease was also tested
but it swelled in the presence of water. As a result, the percent remaining
after Water Washout could not be measured.
• White, non-staining performance
• Easy to spot excess grease squeezing out offailing seals
• Does not stain clothing, wood or porousmaterials
• Contains an antimicrobial preservative to inhibitproduct degradation
• The antimicrobial agent provides continuousantimicrobial product protection to protect thelubricant against microbes that can causeproduct degradation.
• Antimicrobial product protection is not asubstitute for normal plant cleanlinesspractices.
Zone of Inhibition Test
Competitive CalciumSulphonate Food
PURITY FG2 withMICROL MAX Grease
Source: Petro-Canada Lubricants Inc.This information is based upon standard laboratory tests and is provided for comparative purposes to substantiate antimicrobial activity for non-public healthapplications. MICROL product protection inhibits the growth of microorganisms that can cause odours and product degradation.
*Property of Petro-Canada Lubricants. Not to be reproduced without permission.
Competitive PolyureaFood Grade grease
PURITY FG2 withMICROL MAX Grease
• The Zone of Inhibition is the area surrounding thegrease plug where there is no growth of microbes
• The test was modeled after those performed inthe pharmaceutical industry
• The plugs on the right show 2 differentcompetitive food grade machinery greases andthe plugs on the left show PURITY FG2 withMICROL MAX
• As demonstrated, both images show a halosurrounding the plug on the left, which is theZone of Inhibition
• The test indicated that the calcium sulphonateand polyurea greases were not able to producea Zone of Inhibition
Food Industry Credentials andEnvironmental Registrations• Fully approved for use in and around food
processing areas, as indicated below:
• Contains MICROL antimicrobial productprotection
• PURITY FG2 with MICROL MAX is H1 registeredby NSF
• All fluid components comply with FDA 21 CFR178.3570 “Lubricants with incidental foodcontact” and GRAS
• Pending Kosher and Pareve Certification
• Pending Halal Certification
• Maintains food allergy safety
• Free of gluten
• Contains no peanuts, tree nuts, or theirderivatives
• Manufactured in a facility that does notmanufacture, store, or otherwise handle anypeanut or tree nut product
ApplicationsPURITY FG2 with MICROL MAX Grease is speciallyformulated for the food industry, but performs equallywell in these applications:
• Sleeve and anti-friction bearings, slides, guidesand couplings
• Lumber and pulp/paper machinery wherestaining or contamination is a concern
• Textile machinery bearings
Grease CompatibilityWhen changing from one type of grease to another, it is important to consider the chemical compatibility of thetwo products. Mixing two incompatible greases may cause an adverse reaction and result in poor lubrication. Thefollowing table summarizes the compatibility of PURITY FG2 with MICROL MAX with other grease chemistries.
Grease CompatibilityAluminium Complex Grease Compatible
Barium Complex Grease Compatible
Calcium Complex Grease Not compatible
Lithium Complex Grease Compatible
Calcium Grease Not compatible
Lithium Grease Compatible
Bentone Grease Not compatible
Polyurea Grease Compatible
Silica Grease Compatible
Guidelines for Grease ConversionWhen switching from one grease to another, thepotential for an adverse reaction between twoincompatible grease products can be minimized oreliminated by following these general guidelines:
• Use the optimal conversion process whereverpractical
• Completely purge centralized systems of the oldgrease
• Dismantle and completely clean all bearings
• Re-lubricate with the new grease
Note: this process may only be practical for switchinggreases in isolated bearings
• Use a running change conversion process whennecessary
• Completely purge the old grease by displacing itwith new grease while the equipment is running
• Where one-time purging is not practical, purgeover a period of time by increasing the quantityof the new grease used and the frequency oflubrication
• Monitor closely for evidence of productincompatibility, including: oil leakage fromgreased bearings, substantial grease softeningor substantial grease hardening
• Return to normal greasing quantities andfrequencies once the system has been purgedand when there is no evidence of incompatibilityissues
Typical Performance Data
NLGI Grade - 2
Grease Thickener Type Aluminum Complex
Penetration: D217Unworked 262Worked 60 strokes 292Worked 10,000 strokes 1
Colour - Cream
Odour - Slight odour
Dropping Point, °C / °F D2265 287/519
Water Washout Resistance, D1264 1.75% @ 79°C (174°F)
Water Spray Resistance, % loss D4049 25.5
Extreme Pressure Protection:Timken, kg / lb D2509 27/60Four Ball Wear, scar diam, mm D2266 0.55Four Ball Weld, kg D2596 315Load Wear Index D2596 43.4
Corrosion Protection:Copper Corrosion D4048 1aBearing Corrosion D1743 Pass
Oxidation Stability: D942 1.0Pressure drop after 100 hours, kPa / PSI
Base Oil Viscosity,cSt @ 40°C / SUS @ 100°F D445 182/958cSt @ 100°C / SUS @ 210°F D445 17/88
Base Oil Pour Point, °C / °F D5950 -15/5
Normal Operating Temperature Range -20°C to 160°C-4°F to 320°F
The values quoted above are typical of normal production. They do not constitute a specification.
TEST METHOD PURITY FG2 withMICROL MAX
Lubricants Head OfficePetro-Canada Lubricants Inc.2310 Lakeshore Road WestMississauga, OntarioCanada L5J 1K2
Canada - West. . . . . . . . . . . Phone 1-800-661-1199- East (English) . . . . Phone 1-800-268-5850
(French) . . . . Phone 1-800-576-1686Other Areas . . . . . . . . . . . . . Phone (416) 730-2408E-mail. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . [email protected] . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . lubricants.petro-canada.ca
To obtain Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS), contactone of our TechData Info Lines.
TechData Info Lines
Health and Safety Petro-Canada Europe LubricantsThe Manor, Haseley Business CentreWarwick, WarwickshireCV35 7LSUnited KingdomPhone . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . +44 (0) 2476-247294Fax. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . +44 (0) 2476-247295
Petro-Canada America Lubricants980 North Michigan AvenueSuite 1400, #1431Chicago, IllinoisUSA 60611Phone . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1-888-284-4572Fax. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (708) 246-8994E-mail. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . [email protected]
Petro-Canada Asia Pacific Holding Company Ltd.Jia Shi Lubricants Trading (Shanghai) Co. Ltd.1908 World Trade Tower500 Guangdong Road, Huangpu DistrictShanghai, China 200001Phone . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . +86-21-6362-0066
Fax . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . +86-21-6362-0536
Site Web . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . www.petrocanada.cn
Email . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . [email protected]
If you would like to know more about Petro-Canada’sPURITY FG2 with MICROL MAX, or any other product inour complete line of quality lubricants, please contactus at:
IM-8057E (10.02)Petro-Canada is a Suncor Energy businessTMTrademark of Suncor Energy Inc. Used under licence.