Post on 24-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONMinibug is an iterative innovation research project from the Test Kitchen, the open R&D Lab at Bug Labs.
- 1. MiniBUG
2. People Dan Power mangagment / battery within wireless sensor devices Former Sentilla City College Rob Wireless Energy Networks Sensor Device Designer Grounded Power & ITPcognitive psychology NYU Alicia Research & DevelopmentRapid Prototypes Test Kitchen Bug Labs With help from: Jeff Kirsch, School of Visual Arts projects.jeffkirsch.com JarekLupinski, Stevens Institute of Technologywww.soniktech.com 3.
- Minibug is complete. If it cost a grand you would still want one. Everything has been thought of.
- Minibug is farsighted. The entire prototyping process has been considered and elegantly addressed.
- Minibug is transparent. It removes the barriers to prototyping a new idea by performing right out of the box, extending itself over the Internet to anywhere, and interacting easily with other systems and devices.
- Minibug is easy. Every aspect just works. The makers of Minibug have sweated the details.
- Minibug is kind. It was made with relentless empathy for the user and the prototyping process. It's weird how the device seems to know what you need.
- Minibug is possible. Each aspect we've envisioned already successfully exists. Rather than introducing new technologies or concepts, it's our combination that's the special sauce.
miniBUG 4. Initial Brainstorm 5. Categories Minibug Sports DataEnvironmental Sensing Ambient IndicatorEnergy Tracking 6. Verticals 7. Possibility 1: Sports
- Curated data log
- Wrapped with Physics curriculum
8. Possibility 2:Ambient changeable, text enabledStatus signs outside room 9. Possibility 3:Energy Sensing
- Provides sophisticated answers:
- Am I wasting energy?
- Social comparison component
- Smart Grid component: protects from brown outs
10. Possibility 4:Environmental Sensing
- Soil & Water Quality Reports
- Light /pH / Humidity sensors
- Solenoid automatically waters
- Wrapped in biology curriculum with ABET Accreditation
11. Technology Review Idigi Blackwidow & Yellow Jacket Arduino Grounded Power module Telit Online Python Tutor 12. Technology UX 1. Open minibug package, plug it in, instant online! 2. Entering generated keycode collects your data 3. Interactions online through a browser 4. wrapper branded miniBUG API 5. Ability to return to a factory reset of device. 13. Next Steps
- Which verticals to sketch in a low-fidelity prototype?
- Is miniBUG module-based?
- Should it work with current IDE or with BUGswarm?
- One Input device + curriculum
- One Output device = Ambient indication
- Wireframe the UX