0849409 film and editing
Post on 08-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONThis is a brief "how to" start your own movie production. It gives equipment costs, suggests editing suites to use, and shows the work involved to get your video off the ground.
- 1.VIDEO and EDITING the BASICS
2. Choosing The Right Camera
- Before running out to your local camera shop ask yourself
- a few questions.
- WHAT am I looking to shoot?
- HOW much money do I have to spend?
- WHO is my audience?
- With these questions in mind and with a little help from an experienced sales rep. you will be able to narrow down your selection.
- There three different camera types and its important to know what each has to offer.
- Aone chipcamera which sends all of the colour data through one CCD (charged coupled device.
- A3 CCDcamera which uses a separate chip for red, blue, and green, giving a more true to life look to the video.
- HD(high definition) cameras have a much higher video quality than both one chip and three chip SD (standard definition cameras)
3. Editing Program Preferences 4. 5. 6. Consumer vs. Prosumer vs. Professional
- Consumer Video Cameras are ideal for someone who has a low budget. 3CCD camcorders are now available in this range allowing high quality footage at a low price
Prosumer Camcorders like the Sony XD cam give high quality video while keeping the camera size down. Makes for great documentary filming and short film production. Range from $1,500-$9,000 Professional studio cameras give the highest quality video and are used in a wide variety of forms. They range from 10,000 up to 100,000 dollars. 7. Average Prices of Camera's 8. Equipment Lenses are another key piece of equipment to be sure to have while on a shoot as they can provide different effects that can give effect and mood. A tripod is also extremely important to keep a still and steady shot. Nothing is worse than a shaky film. Audio can make or break a video production. Be sure to have at least a shotgun mic on the camera 9. MAC vs. PC The choice between Apples iMovie and PCs Movie Maker can be a tough decision. iMovie is a much more powerful program than Movie Maker, but if you decide on iMovie you are forced to buy an Apple computer. Where as Movie Maker isnt limited to one computer which for most people is much better because they are used to the format of the PC. Overall iMovie isa much better beginner editing suite as it has way more effects than Movie Maker. 10. Works Cited http://uaflibrary.us/media/equipment/images/SonyVX2100.jpg http://www.abelcine.com/store/files/products/t_10481.jpg http://www.lakewoodconferences.com/direct/dbimage/50261974/Light_Weight_Tripod.jpg h ttp://images.owneriq.net/download/images/c/cb546050-9efa-4897-b3ab-dbb5655d049d-000001.png http://www.freefoto.com/images/04/12/04_12_12---Mini-DV-Digital-Video-Tape_web.jpg http://www.inta-audio.com/images/rode_videomic.jpg http://www.dvpa.com/public/images/fcp2_4_18_07.jpg http://www.viglen.co.uk/apple/images/MacBookPro.jpg